Wednesday, April 10, 2013

McCabes w/Syd Straw

Last friday Alexander and I got invited up to the stage during, my pal, Syd Straws sold out show at McCabe's. I sang Brian Wilson's I Just Wasn't Made For These Times and Alexander joined me on the vocal counterpoint at the end. And sang a few of my own: I Like Cats You Like Dogs (with Syd and Robert Lloyd,Willie Aron and Severo Journacion) and a song for, inspired by, Paul called Readers of the Future. 

This musical hangout was just what the doctor ordered. And it has been a really stressful time. Please forgive me if you've written me and I haven't gotten back to you. 

Me and Severo  (photo: Lisa Nicoson)

Alexander sang great ..(these 2 photos: Keith Martin)

Syd and me. Thank you Syd... 

Here's a link to Mr. Morris' lovely soliloquy about the night
Chris Morris on Paul Williams and our moment w Syd

(Photo Peter Ortel)

Boone, Syd and me


*
I hope to see some of you guys at Paul's memorial this Saturday in San Francisco...

April 13, 2013
2pm
open to all friends and family
The Episcopal Church of St. Mary the Virgin
2325 Union St.
(Park West of Fillmore)
San Francisco, CA 94123
Rev. Madison Shockley to officiate
(donations will be accepted to help pay for memorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment